Itapetininga is a municipality in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. The population is 157,016 (2015 est.) in an area of 1790 km². The name comes from a Tupi-Guarani language, meaning "dry stone".It is situated in the southern part of the state, and is known as cidade das escolas, meaning city of schools in Portuguese.HistoryItapetininga developed along with the "tropeirismo", as a resting point of the cattle dealers, who were mounting groups and villages for the landing, before they travel towards the South. The first nucleus of cattle dealers in the region of Itapetininga appeared in 1724, when it was discovered that the pasture in the region was abundant and the land was fertile for planting. To these factors there was added up the distance to the Sorocaba town - 12 leagues - that was corresponding to a journey of a troop. About 1760, a group of Portuguese, led by Domingos José Vieira, left the first nucleus and formed another, in a high place and surrounded by two streams.At this time there was an argument between two nucleuses that wanted to be elevated to the condition of town. The results: in April 17, 1770, Simão Barbosa Franco was nominated to establish and administering the new village, and so was left to him the choice of the principal nucleus. Historians tell that a "marching" mule, offered as a present to Simão Barbosa Franco, guaranteed the victory to Domingos José Vieira. The town of Nossa Senhora dos Prazeres de Itapetininga was officially created in 1770 November 5th, when a solemn mass was celebrated by the vicar of the new parish, Priest Inácio of Araújo Ferreira. It is in this date that was agreed to commemorate the anniversary of the municipality.
Places near 伊塔佩蒂宁加
City near 伊塔佩蒂宁加