Pinto Martins – Fortaleza International Airport, Fortaleza
Pinto Martins – Fortaleza International Airport is the airport serving Fortaleza, Brazil. It is named after Euclides Pinto Martins (1892–1924) a Ceará-born aviator, who in 1922 was one of the pioneers of the air-link between New York City and Rio de Janeiro. Some of its facilities are shared with the Fortaleza Air Force Base of the Brazilian Air Force.HistoryThe airport has its origins on a runway built in the 1930s and which was used by the Ceará Flying School until 2000.During World War II, the airport was an important allied base supporting Southern Atlantic operations.On May 13, 1952 the original name, Cocorote Airport, was changed to its present name. In 1966 a passenger terminal and apron were built. Those facilities are now used by general aviation operations.Since January 7, 1974 the airport is operated by Infraero and in 1997 it was upgraded to international category.
Avenida Senador Carlos Jereissati, 3000
Places near Pinto Martins – Fortaleza International Airport
Airport Terminal near Pinto Martins – Fortaleza International Airport